Unum (NYSE: UNM) is on this year’s Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Women. In conjunction with Statista Inc., the independent survey included around 50,000 U.S. employees employed at companies with a minimum of 1,000 employees. The sample includes more than 30,000 women.
The evaluation was based on these criteria:
- Direct Recommendations
- General work topics. Opinions on statements related to atmosphere & development, company image, work conditions, salary & wage and diversity.
- Topics relevant to women. Women rated employers based on parental leave, family support, flexibility, discrimination, representation & career and pay equity.
- Indirect Recommendations
- Women provided an evaluation of other employers, in their respective industries, that stand out either positively or negatively regarding diversity.
- Diversity Among top Executives/Board
- Statista researched publicly available company information to create an index highlighting the share of women in executive management or board positions.
Share on social media:
About Unum Group
Unum Group (NYSE: UNM), an international provider of workplace benefits and services, has been helping workers and their families for 175 years. Through its Unum and Colonial Life brands, the company offers disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, vision and stop-loss insurance; leave and absence management support and behavioral health services. In 2022, Unum reported revenues of about $12 billion and paid $8 billion in benefits. The Fortune 500 company is one of the 2023 World’s Most Ethical Companies, recognized by Ethisphere®.