The access to mountains, the Hunter Museum of American Art, and Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga.
The coastal scenery, working harbor, and wonderful seafood in Portland.
The friendly culture, art scene, and shrimp and grits in Columbia.
But the common denominator that makes these places unique – and Unum Group a great place to work – are the people. We deliver on our purpose of helping the working world thrive throughout life’s moments every day.
Our people are also why Unum Group was recognized as a 2022 top employer and “Best Place to Work” in our home office locations in Chattanooga, TN, Columbia, SC, and Portland, ME.
And I couldn’t agree more.
Our benefits promote an inclusive culture
We take a strategic approach to everyone’s specific career journey. When people join #TeamUnum, we want them to thrive and continue to grow professionally.
As a global workplace benefits provider, we offer benefits for a multi-generational workforce that support paid leave and family support, behavioral health, and financial wellness:
- Inclusive family support – Paid Parental Bonding Leave for the birth of a child, surrogacy, adoption, or foster care for all genders.
- Caregiver leave – To care for a spouse, children, or parents.
- Fertility support – Family building benefit available at no additional cost.
- Backup emergency care – For children, adults, and elders.
- Emergency savings – To help prepare for unexpected expenses, without dipping into retirement or using credit cards.
- Student debt relief – Employees can transfer carry over paid time off (PTO) into a payment against their student debt.
- Unum Behavioral Health Solution – Employees receive support for mental health and wellbeing needs, as well as mental health resources and extensive support options.
Community involvement and charitable giving
Our role as a corporate citizen is also important. We work closely with nonprofit partners and align our charitable giving to support community initiatives.
Through our Social Justice Fund, we serve our communities through partnerships with organizations working to end racism, discrimination and bias. We have filled “snack packs” for frontline healthcare workers during the height of the pandemic. Our teams have partnered with the American Red Cross to provide essential kits. Most recently, we completed our annual “Caring Spirit Giving Campaign,” which rallies our teams together as we continue to give back to our local communities.
Since I joined Unum in October 2018, I’ve always known it’s a great place to work. But there are few things I enjoy more than seeing us recognized as an employer of choice.
To all our people – thank you. We couldn’t be the best without you.
Share on social media:
About Unum Group
Unum Group (NYSE: UNM), an international provider of workplace benefits and services, has been helping workers and their families for 175 years. Through its Unum and Colonial Life brands, the company offers disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, vision and stop-loss insurance; leave and absence management support and behavioral health services. In 2022, Unum reported revenues of about $12 billion and paid $8 billion in benefits. The Fortune 500 company is one of the 2023 World’s Most Ethical Companies, recognized by Ethisphere®.